Berklee College of Music Valencia is seeking a part-time guitar instructor for the undergraduate Study Abroad & First Year Abroad programs. This part-time position reports to the Director of Study Abroad and Special Programs. The ideal candidate will be an experienced and effective guitar instructor with a professional profile who can teach a variety of styles and could teach private instruction lessons and possibly Ensembles if needed.
- Active professional in guitar
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in music, Master’s preferred
- Must be able to speak and teach in English
- Teaching experience, particularly to undergraduate students (18-22 years)
- Ability to teach contemporary music and a variety of styles (not just jazz or just pop)
- Active connection to the professional music scene
- Teach Private Instruction in guitar as needed
- Teach a First Year or Study Abroad Ensemble if needed
- Engage with students outside of the classroom and assist with special activities if needed
- Participate in undergraduate faculty meetings
- Other duties as assigned
The start date for the position is Fall 2022.
1. Electronic applications. Please submit application materials only through the Berklee Careers Workday portal, accessible from our webpage. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Address your cover letter to: Study Abroad and Special Programs, Attn: Katie Irwin, Director of Study Abroad and Special Programs.
2. Candidates should submit:
- A cover letter of interest outlining background and qualifications
- A curriculum vitae (including contact information for at least three references)
- Note: Supporting materials may be requested as the search progresses
Berklee College of Music is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at Berklee:
We support an inclusive workplace where everyone excels based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance. Berklee affirms that inequality is detrimental to our faculty, staff, students, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to make lasting change through our actions. Berklee is committed to providing fair and equitable consideration of all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or status as a member of the armed forces or veteran of the armed forces, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of this commitment, Berklee will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources Team at hroperations@Berklee.edu or call 617-747-2375.
Berklee is committed to increasing the diversity of our institution, community, and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
*Currently enrolled Berklee students are not permitted to apply for staff or faculty positions.*
- Job type/category
- Minimal education
- Minimal experience
- < 1 Years Experience
- Valencia, Spain,
- Language requirements
- Working language(s)
- Deadline for application
- 06 Aug, 2022
- Start date
- 05 Oct, 2022