The following position is available at the Music and Arts University of the City of Vienna starting from the academic year 2022/2023*:
Professorship for Performance Art
with 10 teaching hours per week (50% of a full teaching load).
In the course of the development of a Master's programme in Performance Studies, the MUK welcomes applications for a professorship for Performance Art. The planned degree programme will be practice-oriented and interdisciplinary, and at the same time also theory-led and characterised by a focus on artistic research.
We are looking for:
A person with a university degree and outstanding artistic activity as well as experience in teaching in the field of contemporary performance art. Applicants should have diverse international artistic experience and knowledge of different forms and concepts of performance art. Applicants should also demonstrate an interest in interdisciplinary thinking and working. Proof of artistic research ctivity is required (see www.muk.ac.at/artistic-research). Experience with organisational activities is expected. Furthermore, a good command of written and spoken German and English is required, or the willingness to acquire these.
Your responsibilities (see responsibilities of professors in § 16 of the MUK statutes at www.muk.ac.at/satzung):
- Teaching courses in the future Master's programme Performance Studies and, if applicable, in the future artistic-scholarly doctoral programme.
- Development and realisation of artistic projects
- Further development of the section Performance Art in research and teaching
- Supervision of final theses and artistic-scholarly doctoral theses in the field of Performance Art
- International research activities incl. acquisition of third-party funding in the field of artistic research
- Willingness to design and participate in university projects and the associated administrative work
- Participation in arts-based research as well as involvement in academic self-administration within the framework of the university as a whole
Please attach to your letter of application:
- Curriculum vitae with special reference to artistic, pedagogical and research activities (list of publications, if applicable)
- Proof of relevant degrees and further qualifications
After the documents have been reviewed by the commission appointed according to the provisions of the appointment regulations (see MUK statutes at www.muk.ac.at/satzung), selected applicants* will be invited to a hearing (consisting of scientific or artistic-scientific presentation, teaching sample and colloquium) on 8th or 9th September 2022.
A teaching obligation of 10 teaching hours per week is to be remunerated with a gross annual salary of at least EUR 24,978.38.
To increase the proportion of women in male-dominated fields of work, women are particularly strongly encouraged to apply. The same applies to men in female-dominated fields of work. Unfortunately, costs incurred in connection with an application to the Music and Art Private University of the City of Vienna cannot be reimbursed.
Please send applications exclusively in electronic form in one document by 13th May 2022 at the latest to:
Music and Arts University of the City of Vienna
*or in application of the provisions of § 3 (3) Appointment Regulations (Annex 2 Statutes) of the Musik und Kunst Private University of the City of Vienna
- Job type/category
- Minimal education
- Minimal experience
- 1 - 3 Years Experience
- Language requirements
- Other language requirement
- Working language(s)
- Other working language
- Deadline for application
- 13 May, 2022
- Start date
- 01 Oct, 2022