EXTENSION OF THE APPLICATION DEADLINE
The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz – Doctoral School for Artistic Research – is offering a temporary full time postdoctoral position, beginning as soon as possible and for the duration of 18 months, for a
Senior Scientist (Postdoc) for Artistic Research in Music
based on § 26 of the collective agreement for university employees, in the form of a full time contractual position with the extent of employment being 100 %. The minimum monthly gross salary for this position is at present € 3,945.90 (14 payments annually).
If need be, and on the basis of the collective agreement instructions, this amount could be increased through the crediting of specific prior experience.
The particular duties that are involved in this position include
• Original artistic research and related publications, development of international and KUG-internal research collaborations
• Teaching subjects in artistic research practices and theory – including those integrating artistic and scholarly research – and related examining
• Substantial contribution to the orientation/prior contact phase for applicants to the Dr.artium Programme and to the admissions process
• Coordination, running, and co-directing of the yearly festival for artistic research ARTikulationen and of the Salon 12B discussion series
• Substantial co-authorship in grant applications and third-party funding acquisition
• Participation in organisational and administrative tasks and evaluation measures
• Editorial work for KWDS-publications
General Employment Requirements
• Doctoral degree in a relevant field of research
Special Employment Requirements
• Evidence of high international level artistic and academic research and publications in music
• Teaching experience at tertiary level
• Previous experience in organizing and running festivals and conferences
• Excellent teamworker with a sophisticated working and communication culture, social and gender competence
• Close familiarity with the current and widely faceted discourse on artistic research
• Excellent academic English and German skills
• Research experience and publications in artistic research that integrates artistic and scholarly research methods and results
• Skills in audiovisual documentation and postproduction
• Experience within an academic working environment
Interested candidates with the appropriate qualifications are invited to submit their written application including the following documentation
• Letter of motivation
• Curriculum vitae (artistic and academic including publications and projects)
• Research proposal/concept (3-5 pages)
• Links to online-materials
before the: 13 September 2021
by e-mail in a PDF-file using the identification number (Geschäftszahl) GZ 46/21 to: email@example.com. If necessary, publications can be sent by regular post.
The university is striving to increase the proportion of women in its scholarly faculty and therefore strongly encourages qualified women to apply. In the recruitment process, women will be given preference in the case of equal eligibility, qualification and professional performance, provided that – and as long as – the women are underrepresented.
Applicants are not entitled to compensation for the travel and lodging expenses that arise during the application procedure.
Following the concept of social sustainability at the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz, which interprets all aspects of special requirements, persons with special needs will be given preference in the case of equal qualification.
On behalf of the rectorate
- Job type/category
- Minimal education
- Minimal experience
- 3 - 5 Years Experience
- Language requirements
- Other language requirement
- Working language(s)
- Deadline for application
- 13 Sep, 2021
- Start date
- 01 Oct, 2021