The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz, Institute of Stage Design, is offering a position for a
University Professorship for Fine Arts
presumably beginning with the winter semester 2023/24 and based on § 98 of the Universities Act.
The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz – the KUG – is an internationally renowned educational institution in the heart of Europe with campuses in Graz and Oberschützen. At 17 institutes, two doctoral schools and a centre for gender research, it offers highly qualified teaching and research as well as the development, exploration and analysis of the arts. The focus is on Artistic Citizenship and the connection between Austrian musical tradition and the innovative contemporary positioning. In addition, the existing range is to be expanded by the field of the visual arts. As a place of education and as an employer, the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz sees itself as part of an open society that takes diversity into account through its work.
We are looking for an international artistic personality who
• is able to work across genres and media
• has digital media literacy
• positions herself/himself at the interface between art and art education
• is able to deal with current art trends and art-pedagogical discourses.
The position holder, a visual artist, should form an important link to the fields of study of Music and Performing Arts and contribute to the inter- and transdisciplinary artistic practice at the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz as well as be involved in the inter-tertiary teacher training programme - subject Art Education.
• independent teaching of courses and holding exams
• responsible representation and promotion of the field in its entirety, in particular in the arts-based research
• participation in the development of the range of course offerings and curricula
• active participation in the further development of the university’s teaching environment and its artistic and scholarly life, as well as helping shape the academic autonomy of the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz
• participation in organisational, administrative and evaluation duties
· a degree from an Austrian or comparable foreign educational institute that suits the position
· internationally outstanding personality with the highest qualification in the area of practice of fine arts, especially in at least one of the areas listed here: Intermediality, Performance, Multmedia or Virtual Reality
· outstanding pedagogical and didactic competency
· relevant teaching experience in the tertiary education sector
· excellent international artistic career
· openness and comprehension of other art disciplines
· competence and/or experience in the areas of Gender and Diversity
· willingness to work in teams
· If German is not the native language, it is assumed that there is the willingness to learn German with the aim of reaching at least level B2 within a fixed period of time.
A prerequisite for the acceptance as an employee at the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz is the proof of a valid vaccination status against COVID-19 in the sense of the COVID-19 Vaccination Obligation Act, unless an exception as defined in the aforementioned law applies. If this proof cannot be provided on the day of the beginning of the employment relationship, no employment relationship will be established.
Contract: indefinite employment contract according to § 25 of the collective agreement for university employees.
Level of employment: full-time
Pay: Collective agreement minimum monthly salary currently € 5,437.70 gross (14 x annually); any higher salary can be made the subject of appointment negotiations.
We look forward to receiving your written application together with documents proving the above-mentioned employment requirements.
End of application period: 06.05.2022
Applications should be sent electronically under reference 04/22 to bewerbung-UProf@kug.ac.at
The university is striving to increase the proportion of women in its artistic staff and therefore strongly encourages qualified women to apply. Women will be given preference in the case of equal qualification.
Applicants are not entitled to compensation for the travel and lodging expenses that arise during the application procedure.
Following the concept of social sustainability at the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz, which interprets all aspects of special requirements, persons with special needs will be given preference in the case of equal qualification.
On behalf of the Rectorate
- Job type/category
- Minimal education
- Minimal experience
- 5 Years+ Experience
- Other location
- Language requirements
- Working language(s)
- Deadline for application
- 06 May, 2022
- Start date
- 01 Oct, 2023