The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz, Institute of Piano, is offering a position for a
University Professorship for Piano
presumably beginning with the winter semester 2023/24 and based on § 98 of the Universities Act.
The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz – the KUG -, with around 2,300 students at its Graz and Oberschützen campuses, is an international university offering a wide range of courses in music and the performing arts. Located in the heart of Europe, we build on the cultural heritage of our region and at the same time explore the current different positioning in the contemporary arts. We engage with international developments in the arts, pedagogy and research and enquire the significance of art and culture in society. It is in a cooperative way that teachers and students work in the joint knowledge process. We see the potential of gender, diversity and sustainability as an opportunity in the transformation of the artistic and cultural sector and for the further development of our institution.
· teaching particularly in the main artistic subject Piano
· responsible representation and promotion of the field in its entirety, in particular in the arts-based research
· active participation in the further development of the university’s teaching environment and its artistic and scholarly life, as well as helping shape the academic autonomy of the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz
· participation in organisational, administrative and evaluation duties
· a degree from an Austrian or comparable foreign educational institute that suits the position, or an equivalent artistic aptitude
· outstanding personality with the highest artistic qualification for the position to be filled
· outstanding pedagogical and didactic competency
· internationally outstanding artistic career
· extensive artistic experience in the field of contemporary music
· competence and/or experience in the areas of Gender and Diversity
· If German is not the native language, it is assumed that there is the willingness to learn German with the aim of reaching at least level B2 within a fixed period of time.
A prerequisite for the acceptance as an employee at the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz is the proof of a valid vaccination status against COVID-19 in the sense of the COVID-19 Vaccination Obligation Act, unless an exception as defined in the aforementioned law applies. If this proof cannot be provided on the day of the beginning of the employment relationship, no employment relationship will be established.
Contract: indefinite employment contract according to § 25 of the collective agreement for university employees.
Level of employment: part-time, employment extent of 75 % of full-employment
Pay: Collective agreement minimum monthly salary currently € 4,078.28 gross (14 x annually); any higher salary can be made the subject of appointment negotiations.
We look forward to receiving your written application together with documents proving the above-mentioned employment requirements.
End of application period: 31.03.2022
Applications should be sent electronically under reference 90/21 to bewerbung-UProf@kug.ac.at
The university is striving to increase the proportion of women in its artistic staff and therefore strongly encourages qualified women to apply. Women will be given preference in the case of equal qualification.
Applicants are not entitled to compensation for the travel and lodging expenses that arise during the application procedure.
Following the concept of social sustainability at the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz, which interprets all aspects of special requirements, persons with special needs will be given preference in the case of equal qualification.
On behalf of the Rectorate
- Job type/category
- Minimal education
- Minimal experience
- 5 Years+ Experience
- Other location
- Language requirements
- Working language(s)
- Deadline for application
- 31 Mar, 2022
- Start date
- 01 Oct, 2023