The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz is offering the position of a
University Professorship for Piano-Vocal Accompaniment
with likely commencement in October 2024, based on § 98 of the Universities Act.
The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz – the KUG – with around 2,300 students at its campuses in Graz and Oberschützen, is an international university offering a wide range of courses in music and the performing arts. Located in the heart of Europe, we build on the cultural heritage of our region and at the same time explore and contribute to the current trends in contemporary arts. We engage with international developments in the arts, pedagogy and research and question the significance of art and culture in society. Teachers and students work cooperatively in this process. We see the potential of gender, diversity and sustainability as an opportunity for transformation of the artistic and cultural sector, and for the further development of our institution.
• teaching particularly in the main artistic subject Piano-Vocal Accompaniment in the field of study “Instrumental Studies”
• responsible representation and promotion of the subject in its entirety, in particular in the development and practice of its arts-based activity and research
• active participation in the further development of the university’s teaching environment and its artistic and scholarly life, as well as helping to shape the academic autonomy of the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz
• participation in organisational, administrative and evaluation duties
• relevant tertiary qualification from an Austrian or international institution, or equivalent artistic aptitude
• outstanding personality with the highest artistic qualification for the position
• outstanding pedagogical and didactic competence
• outstanding international artistic career
• extensive knowledge of the contemporary Art Song repertoire
• willingness to actively and committedly participate in university committees
• competence and/or experience in the areas of gender and diversity
• If German is not the native language, it is assumed that there is the willingness to learn German with the aim of reaching at least level B2 within a fixed period of time.
The KUG seeks a Vocal Accompanist with excellent qualifications, far-reaching experience and skills in the core areas of Vocal Accompaniment. Teaching experience at a tertiary level would be advantageous.
The KUG attaches particular importance to risk reduction in relation to the pandemic. Therefore, it is desirable that applicants are vaccinated against COVID-19, at the latest at the commencement of employment.
Contract: permanent employment contract according to § 25 of the collective agreement for university employees
Extent of employment: part-time, employment extent of 50 % of full-employment
Salary: The collective agreement specifies a minimum monthly salary, currently € 2.718,85 gross (14 x annually); a higher salary may be negotiated.
We look forward to receiving your written application together with documents proving the above-mentioned employment requirements.
Application deadline: 20.03.2023
Applications should be sent electronically under reference 100/22 to bewerbung-UProf@kug.ac.at
The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz aims to increase the proportion of women among its artistic and scientific staff and therefore explicitly invites qualified women to apply. In the event of underrepresentation, women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
Persons with disabilities or chronic illnesses who meet the required qualification criteria are expressly invited to apply.
Applicants are not entitled to compensation for the travel and lodging expenses that arise during the application procedure.
On behalf of the Rectorate
- Job type/category
- Minimal education
- tertiary qualification or artistic aptitude
- Minimal experience
- 5 Years+ Experience
- Austria, Graz,
- Language requirements
- Working language(s)
- Deadline for application
- 20 Mar, 2023
- Start date
- 01 Oct, 2024