The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz, Institute of Strings, is offering a position for a
University Professorship for Viola
presumably beginning with the winter semester 2024/25 and based on § 98 of the Universities Act.
The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz – the KUG -, with around 2,300 students at its Graz and Oberschützen campuses, is an international university offering a wide range of courses in music and the performing arts. Located in the heart of Europe, we build on the cultural heritage of our region and at the same time explore the current different positioning in the contemporary arts. We engage with international developments in the arts, pedagogy and research and enquire the significance of art and culture in society. It is in a cooperative way that teachers and students work in the joint knowledge process. We see the potential of gender, diversity and sustainability as an opportunity in the transformation of the artistic and cultural sector and for the further development of our institution.
• teaching particularly in the main artistic subject Viola in the field of Instrumental Studies as well as Instrumental and Vocal Pedagogy
• responsible representation and promotion of the field in its entirety, in particular in the arts-based research
• active participation in the further development of the university’s teaching environment and its artistic and scholarly life, as well as helping shape the academic autonomy of the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz
• participation in organisational, administrative and evaluation duties
• a degree from an Austrian or comparable foreign educational institute that suits the position, or an equivalent artistic aptitude
• outstanding personality with the highest artistic qualification for the position to be filled
• internationally outstanding artistic career
• outstanding pedagogical and didactic competency
• chamber music activities on an international level
• willingness to undertake further training
• competence and/or experience in the areas of Gender and Diversity
• If German is not the native language, it is assumed that there is the willingness to learn German with the aim of reaching at least level B2 within a fixed period of time.
• orchestral experience in large orchestras as first chair
• teaching experience at the tertiary level
• experience in administrative work in a team
KUG attaches particular importance to risk reduction in relation to the pandemic. Therefore, it is desirable that applicants are vaccinated against COVID-19, at the latest at the commencement of employment.
Contract: indefinite employment contract according to § 25 of the collective agreement for university employees
Level of employment: full-time
Pay: Collective agreement minimum monthly salary currently € 5,437.70 gross (14 x annually); any higher salary can be made the subject of appointment negotiations.
We look forward to receiving your written application together with documents proving the above-mentioned employment requirements.
End of application period: 28.02.2023
Applications should be sent electronically under reference 94/22 to bewerbung-UProf@kug.ac.at
The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz aims to increase the proportion of women among its artistic staff and therefore explicitly invites qualified women to apply. In the event of underrepresentation, women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
Persons with disabilities or chronic illnesses who meet the required qualification criteria are expressly invited to apply.
Applicants are not entitled to compensation for the travel and lodging expenses that arise during the application procedure.
On behalf of the Rectorate
- Job type/category
- Minimal education
- degreee or artistic aptitude
- Minimal experience
- 5 Years+ Experience
- Austria, Graz,
- Language requirements
- Working language(s)
- Deadline for application
- 28 Feb, 2023
- Start date
- 01 Oct, 2024