The following position is available at the Music and Arts University of the City of Vienna starting from the academic year 2022/2023*:
Professorship for Jazz-Trumpet
up to as many as 10 teaching hours per week (50% of a full teaching position)
We are looking for:
An artistic personality with credentials demonstrating outstanding professional activity as well as pedagogical experience in the field of trumpet and/or ensemble teaching (jazz or jazz-related music). Expertise in the field of artistic research is also desirable (see www.muk.ac.at/artistic-research).
Your responsibilities (see responsibilities of professors in §16 of the MUK statutes at www.muk.ac.at/satzung):
The successful candidate will be expected to lead a Jazz-Trumpet class, work in cooperation with the faculty, be willing to design and participate in interdepartmental university projects and the associated administrative work. Furthermore, participation in arts-based research as well as involvement in academic self-administration within the framework of the university as a whole will be required.
Please attach to your letter of application:
- Curriculum vitae with special reference to artistic and pedagogical activities
- Evidence of relevant degrees and other qualifications
- Audio sample(s) totaling min. 10 to max. 15 minutes (to be submitted in digital form only, e.g. as streaming or download links)
- Pedagogical concept (max. three DIN A4 pages) for jazz trumpet lessons in the Bachelor’s programme. The stylistic/pedagogical division of the Bachelor's programme at MUK should also be included in the concept (see www.muk.ac.at/jazz).
After the documents have been reviewed by the commission appointed according to the provisions of the appointment regulations (see www.muk.ac.at/satzung), selected applicants will be invited to a hearing (consisting of an artistic presentation, teaching demonstration and a colloquium) on the 6th or 7th of October 2022.
The language of instruction at the MUK is German. The willingness to acquire appropriate German language skills within the first year of employment is required.
A teaching obligation of 10 teaching hours per week is to be remunerated with a gross annual salary of at least EUR 22.819,30.
To increase the proportion of women in male-dominated fields of work, women are particularly strongly encouraged to apply. The same applies to men in female-dominated fields of work. Unfortunately, costs incurred in connection with an application to the Music and Arts Private University of the City of Vienna cannot be reimbursed.
Please send applications exclusively in electronic form in one document by the 10th of June 2022 at the latest to:
Music and Arts University of the City of Vienna
Johannesgasse 4a, 1010 Vienna
+43 1 512 77 47-240 | email@example.com | www.muk.ac.at
* or in application of the provisions of § 3 (3) Appointment Regulations (Annex 2 Statutes) of the Music and Arts University of the City of Vienna
- Job type/category
- Minimal education
- Minimal experience
- 1 - 3 Years Experience
- Language requirements
- Other language requirement
- Working language(s)
- Other working language
- Deadline for application
- 10 Jun, 2022
- Start date
- 01 Nov, 2022