Since 2007, AEC provides its member institutions with the opportunity to receive advice from a colleague on a particular topic of their choice. The Counselling Visits are meant as an instrument of assistance between conservatoires within the AEC community. Based on your institutions’ needs, AEC will put you in contact with the relevant Counsellor.
Example of themes on which assistance can be provided (always in the context of higher music education):
- The implementation of a 2nd cycle structure
- The implementation of a 3rd cycle
- The Implementation and the use of credit points
- The implementation and the use of learning outcomes and competences in curriculum design and curriculum development
- Internal quality assurance systems
- Mobility and recognition
- Artistic research
- The links with the profession
- AEC commits to finding the Counsellor that is able to meet the institution’s needs, putting both parties in contact and assisting with the organisation of the visit.
- A Counselling Visit takes approximately 1 day (or two half days).
- In principle, all costs are covered by the institution, but upon request there may be a possibility that some costs are covered by AEC with the help of project funding. This will be decided on a case-by-case basis depending on the topics to be addressed during the Counselling Visit. Visited institutions are specifically asked to cover travel costs, local accommodation and subsistence costs for the colleague visiting them.
Please note that only a limited number of visits can be offered.
How to request a Counselling Visit?
- Any institution can request a Counselling Visit by contacting the AEC Office (See Section Contact of this website). The following elements should be mentionned:
- Preferred time for the Counselling Visit
- Preferred language for the Visit
- Topics on which the institution would like to receive advice
- It is important that the visit is well prepared from both sides in order to satisfy all involved