The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz – Institute of Music Education – is offering a position, beginning with 15 June 2023 for a
University Assistant for Instrumental and Vocal Pedagogy
The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz – the KUG – with around 2,300 students at its campuses in Graz and Oberschützen, is an international university offering a wide range of courses in music and the performing arts. Located in the heart of Europe, we build on the cultural heritage of our region and at the same time explore and contribute to current trends in the contemporary arts. We engage with international developments in the arts, pedagogy and research, and explore the significance of art and culture in society. Teachers and students work cooperatively in this process. We are committed to fostering gender mainstreaming, diversity, and sustainability in order to transform the artistic and cultural sector, as well as to further develop our institution.
- independent teaching of courses and holding exams
- independent research activities, especially as part of an academic doctoral program in the field of Instrumental and Vocal Pedagogy
- mentoring of students
- participation in examinations
- participation in research projects, in teaching, in administrative duties, and in evaluation measures in the organisational unit to which you are assigned
- completion of a diploma or master’s degree in an appropriate professional study area
- experience in scientific work
- experience in project management
- research methodological skills
- ability to communicate constructively and to work in a team
- very good knowledge of German and English
- sensitivity in dealing with gender and diversity
Contract: Substitute position – temporary for the duration of a parental part-time leave (expected until 21 March 2024)
Level of employment: Part-time, employment extent of 50 % of full-employment
Pay: Collective agreement minimum monthly gross salary currently € 1,638.65 (14 x annually); the salary may be increased on the basis of the provisions of the collective agreement by crediting previous experience specific to the job.
We are looking forward to receiving your written application including a cover letter and other documents (CV, certificates, list of publications and courses held etc.). Please cite the reference number in your application and send it to email@example.com.
End of application period: 07.06.2023
Reference number: 53/23
In case of questions about the profile of the advertised position, please contact Univ.-Prof. Dr. Jan Jachmann (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz aims to increase the proportion of women among its artistic and scientific staff and therefore explicitly invites qualified women to apply. In the event of underrepresentation, women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
Persons with disabilities or chronic illnesses who meet the required qualification criteria are expressly invited to apply.
Applicants are not entitled to compensation for the travel and lodging expenses that arise during the application procedure.
On behalf of the rectorate
- Job type/category
- Minimal education
- Minimal experience
- 1 - 3 Years Experience
- Language requirements
- English, German,
- Working language(s)
- English, German,
- Deadline for application
- 07 Jun, 2023
- Start date
- 15 Jun, 2023