The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz, Institute of Composition, Theory of Music, History of Music and Conducting, is offering a position for a
University Professorship for Choral Conducting
presumably beginning with the winter semester 2023/24 and based on § 98 of the Universities Act.
The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz – the KUG – is an internationally renowned educational institution in the heart of Europe with campuses in Graz and Oberschützen. At 17 institutes, two doctoral schools and a centre for gender research, it offers highly qualified teaching and research as well as the development, exploration and analysis of the arts. The focus is on Artistic Citizenship and the connection between Austrian musical tradition and the innovative contemporary positioning. As a place of education and as an employer, the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz sees itself as part of an open society that takes diversity into account through its work.
• teaching particularly in the main artistic subject Choral Conducting in the field of Conducting
• responsible representation and promotion of the field in its entirety, in particular in the arts-based research
• conduction of the choirs in the department (incl. concert activities)
• active participation in the further development of the university’s teaching environment and its artistic and scholarly life, as well as helping shape the academic autonomy of the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz
• participation in organisational, administrative and evaluation duties
• a degree from an Austrian or comparable foreign educational institute that suits the position, or an equivalent artistic aptitude
• outstanding personality with the highest artistic qualification for the position to be filled
• outstanding pedagogical and didactic competency
• excellent international artistic career
• broad repertoire-knowledge of all forms of choral and choral-orchestral literature from the Renaissance to the present day
• leadership experience in the organisational area
• competence and/or experience in the areas of Gender and Diversity
• If German is not the native language, it is assumed that there is the willingness to learn German with the aim of reaching at least level B2 within a fixed period of time.
Contract: indefinite employment contract according to § 25 of the collective agreement for university employees.
Level of employment: full-time
Pay: Collective agreement minimum monthly salary currently € 5,321.70 gross (14 x annually);
any higher salary can be made subject of appointment negotiations.
As the duties of the advertised position involve extensive contact with people and the KUG attaches particular importance to risk reduction in the time of the pandemic now and in the future, it is desirable that applicants are fully vaccinated against Corona.
We look forward to receiving your written application together with documents proving the above mentioned employment requirements.
End of application period: 27 April 2022
Applications should be sent electronically under reference 84/21 to bewerbung-UProf@kug.ac.at
- Job type/category
- Minimal education
- Minimal experience
- 5 Years+ Experience
- Graz, Austria,
- Language requirements
- Working language(s)
- Deadline for application
- 18 May, 2022
- Start date
- 01 Oct, 2023