The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz, Institute of Early Music and Performance Practice, is offering a position for a
University Professorship for Historical String Instruments / Violin Instruments
which presumably can be taken up in the summer semester 2022 and is based on § 98 of the Universities Act and § 25 of the Collective Agreement for University Employees, in the form of a part-time contractual position with the extent of employment being 25 % of the full-time employment. An overpayment of the minimum monthly salary, which has been determined by the collective agreement and which currently is € 1,330.43 gross (14 payments annually) can be agreed.
- teaching particularly in the main artistic subject Historical String Instruments / Violin Instruments
- responsible representation and promotion of the field in its entirety, in particular in the arts-based research
- artistic ensemble direction (from the concertmaster’s rostrum)
- active participation in the further development of the university’s teaching environment and its artistic and scholarly life, as well as helping shape the academic autonomy of the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz
- participation in organisational, administrative and evaluation duties
I. Basic Employment Requirements
- a degree from an Austrian or comparable foreign educational institute appropriate to the position, or an equivalent artistic aptitude
- skills and/or experience in dealing with Gender and Diversity
II. Specific Employment Requirements
- outstanding personality with the highest artistic qualification for the position to be filled
- excellent international artistic career
- outstanding pedagogical and didactic competency as well as several years of teaching experience
- highest competence in historical playing techniques (from Renaissance onwards)
- highest competence in source-oriented imparting of current findings of historically informed performance practice
Proven teaching experience at the tertiary level is welcome.
The application documents will be kept by the university.
Interested candidates with the appropriate qualifications are invited to submit their written application including documents verifying the employment requirements listed above by
16 June 2021
in a PDF-file by e-mail to: bewerbung-UProf@kug.ac.at using the identification number 25/21. If necessary, sound recordings or DVDs can be sent by mail.
The university is striving to increase the proportion of women in its artistic staff and therefore strongly encourages qualified women to apply. Women will be given preference in the case of equal qualification.
Applicants are not entitled to compensation for the travel and lodging expenses that arise during the application procedure.
Following the concept of social sustainability at the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz, which interprets all aspects of special requirements, persons with special needs will be given preference in the case of equal qualification.
On behalf of the Rectorate
- Job type/category
- Minimal education
- Minimal experience
- 5 Years+ Experience
- Other location
- Language requirements
- Working language(s)
- Deadline for application
- 16 Jun, 2021
- Start date
- 11 May, 2021