The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz, Institute of Wind and Percussion Instruments, is offering a position for a
University Professorship for Saxophone
presumably beginning with the winter semester 2022/23 and based on § 99 of the Universities Act.
The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz – the KUG -, with around 2,300 students at its Graz and Oberschützen campuses, is an international university offering a wide range of courses in music and the performing arts. Located in the heart of Europe, we build on the cultural heritage of our region and at the same time explore the current different positioning in the contemporary arts. We engage with international developments in the arts, pedagogy and research and enquire the significance of art and culture in society. It is in a cooperative way that teachers and students work in the joint knowledge process. We see the potential of gender, diversity and sustainability as an opportunity in the transformation of the artistic and cultural sector and for the further development of our institution.
· teaching particularly in the main artistic subject Saxophone in the fields of study Instrumental Studies and Music Education – Voice and Instruments as well as in the field of ensemble playing
· responsible representation and promotion of the field in its entirety, in particular in the arts-based research
· active participation in the further development of the university’s teaching environment and its artistic and scholarly life, as well as helping shape the academic autonomy of the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz
· participation in organisational, administrative and evaluation duties
· a degree from an Austrian or comparable foreign educational institute that suits the position, or an equivalent artistic aptitude
· outstanding personality with the highest artistic qualification for the position to be filled
· outstanding pedagogical and didactic competency
· internationally outstanding artistic career
· special knowledge of contemporary repertoire and modern playing techniques
· competence and/or experience in the areas of Gender and Diversity
· If German is not the native language, it is assumed that there is the willingness to learn German with the aim of reaching at least level B2 within a fixed period of time.
Desirable are an open mind for improvisation and knowledge in the field of Jazz.
KUG attaches particular importance to risk reduction in relation to the pandemic. Therefore, it is desirable that applicants are vaccinated against COVID-19, at the latest at the commencement of employment.
Contract: Temporary employment relationship pursuant to § 25 of the Collective Agreement for University Employees limited until 30.09.2023. The appointment may only be extended after an appointment procedure has been carried out in accordance with § 98 of the Universities Act.
Level of employment: part-time, employment extent of 75 % of full-employment
Pay: Collective agreement minimum monthly salary currently € 4,078.28 gross (14x annually); any higher salary can be made the subject of appointment negotiations.
We look forward to receiving your written application together with documents proving the above-mentioned employment requirements.
End of application period: 20.04.2022
Applications should be sent electronically under reference 22/22 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The university is striving to increase the proportion of women in its artistic staff and therefore strongly encourages qualified women to apply. Women will be given preference in the case of equal qualification.
Applicants are not entitled to compensation for the travel and lodging expenses that arise during the application procedure.
Following the concept of social sustainability at the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz, which interprets all aspects of special requirements, persons with special needs will be given preference in the case of equal qualification.
On behalf of the Rectorate
- Job type/category
- Minimal education
- Minimal experience
- 5 Years+ Experience
- Austria, Graz,
- Language requirements
- Working language(s)
- Deadline for application
- 20 Apr, 2022
- Start date
- 01 Oct, 2022