The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz, Institute Oberschützen, is offering a position for a
University Professorship for Trumpet
presumably beginning with the winter semester 2024/25 and based on § 98 of the Universities Act.
The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz – the KUG -, with around 2,300 students at its Graz and Oberschützen campuses, is an international university offering a wide range of courses in music and the performing arts. Located in the heart of Europe, we build on the cultural heritage of our region and at the same time explore the current different positioning in the contemporary arts. We engage with international developments in the arts, pedagogy and research and enquire the significance of art and culture in society. It is in a cooperative way that teachers and students work in the joint knowledge process. We see the potential of gender, diversity and sustainability as an opportunity in the transformation of the artistic and cultural sector and for the further development of our institution. Special attention must be paid to the training location Oberschützen in the advertised professorship, as all orchestral instruments are trained here at one institute, which is not only unique in Austria, but also opens up a wide range of possibilities.
• teaching particularly in the main artistic subject Trumpet in the field of Instrumental Studies (Trumpet) as well as Instrumental and Vocal Pedagogy
• responsible representation and promotion of the field in its entirety, in particular in the arts-based research
• networking and communication with the institutes of the University of Music and Performing Arts in Graz (especially the Institutes of Wind and Percussion Instruments as well as Music Education) in the sense of sustainable cooperation within the university
• active participation in the further development of the university’s teaching environment and its artistic and scholarly life, as well as helping shape the academic autonomy of the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz
• participation in organisational, administrative and evaluation duties
• a degree from an Austrian or comparable foreign educational institute that suits the position, or an equivalent artistic aptitude
• professional practice on rotary valve trumpets (German trumpets)
• outstanding personality with the highest artistic qualification for the position to be filled, especially in orchestral playing
• internationally outstanding artistic career
• experience in solo playing, chamber music and contemporary music
• outstanding pedagogical and didactic competency
• teaching experience at the tertiary level
• openness for new professional fields
• competence and/or experience in the areas of Gender and Diversity
• If German is not the native language, it is assumed that there is the willingness to learn German with the aim of reaching at least level B2 within a fixed period of time.
KUG attaches particular importance to risk reduction in relation to the pandemic. Therefore, it is desirable that applicants are vaccinated against COVID-19, at the latest at the commencement of employment.
Contract: indefinite employment contract according to § 25 of the collective agreement for university employees
Level of employment: full-time
Pay: Collective agreement minimum monthly salary currently € 5,437.70 gross (14 x annually); any higher salary can be made the subject of appointment negotiations.
We look forward to receiving your written application together with documents proving the above-mentioned employment requirements.
End of application period: 17.11.2022
Applications should be sent electronically under reference 92/22 to bewerbung-UProf@kug.ac.at
The University of Music and Performing Arts Graz aims to increase the proportion of women among its artistic and scientific staff and therefore explicitly invites qualified women to apply. In the event of underrepresentation, women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
Persons with disabilities or chronic illnesses who meet the required qualification criteria are expressly invited to apply.
Applicants are not entitled to compensation for the travel and lodging expenses that arise during the application procedure.
On behalf of the Rectorate
- Job type/category
- Minimal education
- Minimal experience
- 5 Years+ Experience
- Austria, Graz,
- Language requirements
- Working language(s)
- Deadline for application
- 17 Nov, 2022
- Start date
- 01 Oct, 2024