AEC is pleased to present ‘Empowering Artists as Makers in Society’, the new project funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Commission, in support of European networks, running for 3 years from 1st February 2022. The project will build on the results of previous projects carried out by the AEC, in particular the work and outputs of the Creative Europe funded project AEC – Strengthening Music in Society (AEC-SMS, 2017-2021).
Empowering Artists as Makers in Society will address the following topics:
- Reinforcing international mobility and cooperation
- Developing lifelong learning provision for professionals
- Demonstrating the role of art, culture and cultural education
- Supporting digital shift and providing guidance on climate change
- Designing and implementing curricular change for music education
- Promoting educational offers within the lens of diversity and inclusion
Empowering Artists as Makers in Society will work as follows:
- 8 Working Groups will explore the various themes listed above, composed by 5-6 experts from AEC member institutions across Europe, and 1 student representative
- 3 Task Forces will support cross-cutting priorities, composed by 2-4 individuals
- Clusters of institutions will be formed at a later stage (based on calls for interest) in relation to the theme Designing and implementing curricular change for music education
You can find more information about AEC – Empowering Artists as Makers in Society on the project webpage. Stay tuned for more project news on the AEC website and social media channels!