On September 6 2023, the AEC participated in the European Music Council’s webinar “Changing Times: Music (Education) Still Matters”. The webinar gathered high-level experts from the field of music education and music practices.
- Marina Gall – European Association for Music in Schools (EAS)
- Stefan Gies – European Association of Conservatoires (AEC)
- Sonja Greiner – European Choral Association
- Till Skoruppa – European Music School Union (EMU)
- Blasko Smilevski – Jeunesses Musicales International (JMI)
During the webinar, panellists took a look at the current challenges music education is facing, including COVID, recruitment issues and maintaining music’s place on the curricula of schools across Europe. The webinar also explored possible solutions and what the notion of cultural citizenship means for developing Europe’s societies. Jointly, the invited experts looked at what strategies and actions are needed to ensure that music still matters in the future.