AEC – Strengthening Music in Society: the project outputs are here for you!
Under eight different strands, eight Working Groups have been working since 2018 in the framework of the AEC project Strengthening Music in Society (SMS) funded by the Creative Europe programme. These Working Groups have produced a variety of tools and resources which aim at helping Higher Music Education Institutions to strengthen the social relevance of music education and improve access to music education, as well as strengthening the impact of music, art, culture and cultural education on society.
All the project outcomes are now available in this comprehensive brochure: have a look and share it widely!
In this brochure, you will find resources for:
- supporting discussions and reflection within your institution on the nature of higher music education contemporary, the opportunities and challenges in making it relevant
- opening the HMEIs’ educational offer towards more diversity
- embedding entrepreneurial skills in the education of the music students for their future as professional musicians
- helping students and teachers internationalise their careers
- exploring and discussing new Learning and Teaching models
- encouraging the use of digital media and digital-based learning tools in music teaching
- connecting students with peers from all around Europe
- increasing the quality of early childhood music education, and thus extending the audience of tomorrow.
AEC counts on its members and partners to help disseminate the valuable outcomes of this project: we encourage you to share the brochure and/or specific publications via your institutional communication channels (newsletter, social media) as well as professional and personal pages.