Leaders on Stage, a programme grown out of original research funded by Guildhall Innovation within the UK orchestral sector, is now a 6 half-day leadership skills training programme.
Orchestral principals who have attended this course will have:
- greater awareness of what makes an excellent Section Principal as well as a greater awareness of their own strengths and areas for development
- greater understanding of a range of leadership styles and the impact of their own leadership style(s) on their colleagues
- knowledge of how to lead conversations with colleagues that deliver the required actions
- a greater understanding of a framework which can support them to have difficult conversations when necessary
- been introduced to a tool for holding regular reviews with individual members of their section
- practised using a “protocol” for giving and receiving feedback
- been matched with a ”peer buddy” to help support them through and beyond this process gained some knowledge of the research base for this work, including basic neuroscience and positive psychology, all of which reinforces these tried and tested skills and tools.
The usual fees for the programme are £1200 per person, but for this pilot course they are offering a discounted fee of £1020.
If 2 – 4 participants* from the same Orchestra enrol, the fee will be further reduced to £960 per person
*It is recommend that no more than 4 people join this cohort from the same organisation
For more information, check the website!