Successful edition of the MusiQuE Peer-reviewers Training Session in Graz, Austria
The annual Training Session for MusiQuE Peer-reviewers took place on 7-8 November 2018 at the Academy of Music in Graz, Austria. 41 peers, including 7 students, from higher music education institutions across the world participated in this successful edition.
Peers who have participated in the Training can find more information about how to apply to become a MusiQuE Peer-reviewer.
Training sessions for peer-reviewers are offered every year. The next session will take place prior to the Annual Congress of the European Association of Conservatoires (AEC) at the Conservatorio di Musica “G.Verdi” in Torino, Italy, on 6-7 November 2019.
MusiQuE review procedures
MusiQuE is currently coordinating and preparing several quality enhancement and accreditation procedures in Spain, Belgium, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Russia, Kazakhstan, The Netherlands, Finland, Singapore, Poland and the United Kingdom. These procedures include:
- An institutional quality enhancement review of the Real Conservatorio Superior de Música de Madrid, Spain (site-visit in March 2018)
- Reviews of several programmes at the Royal Conservatoire Antwerp and the Royal Conservatory of Brussels, Belgium (site-visits in May 2018)
- 4 visits of ‘critical friends’ and a quality enhancement review at the Malmö Academy of Music, Sweden (site-visit in September-October 2018)
- A review of 7 programmes at the Conservatorio della Svizzera italiana, Lugano, Switzerland (site-visit in October 2018)
- A programme accreditation procedure at the College of Music, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand (site-visit in November 2018)
- Programme accreditation procedures at ESMUC and Conservatori Superior de Musica del Liceu, Barcelona, Spain (site-visits in November 2018) in cooperation with AQU Catalunya
- An institutional accreditation procedure at the Moscow State Tchaikovsky Conservatory, Moscow, Russia (site-visit in December 2018) in cooperation with the National Centre of Public Accreditation (NCPA)
- Benchmarking projects at the Orpheus Institute and the International Opera Academy, Ghent, Belgium, as well as for Uniarts Helsinki, Finland (2019)
- A programme accreditation procedure at the Kurmangazy Kazakh National Conservatory, Almaty, Kazakhstan (site-visit in February 2019)
- An institutional review procedure at the Yong Siew Toh Conservator, Singapore (site-visit in March 2019)
- An institutional accreditation procedure at the Wroclaw Academy of Music, Wroclaw, Poland (site-visit in March 2019)
- A programme accreditation procedure at the Royal Conservatoire The Hague, The Netherlands (site-visit in April 2019)
- A programme review procedure at the Haute école de musique Genève-Neuchâtel, Geneva, Switzerland (site-visit in May 2019)
- An institutional quality enhancement review at the Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK), Switzerland (site-visit in May 2019), in cooperation with EQ-Arts
- An institutional review at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama, Cardiff, United Kingdom (site-visit in October 2019)
Please find an update on a selected number of MusiQuE’s latest and upcoming activities below:
- MusiQuE’s review services have been be presented to AEC members during the AEC Annual Meeting for International Relations Coordinators (Birmingham, UK, 13-16 September 2018) and the AEC Annual Congress 2018 (Graz, Austria, 8-11 November 2018). The presentations of these sessions are available under the tab "Photos and Documents" and "Slides".
- MusiQuE has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with EQ-Arts.
- MusiQuE has participated in the 13th European Quality Assurance Forum (EQAF) on 15-17 November 2018 in Vienna to meet with representatives of several other European quality assurance agencies, and in the 56th General Assembly of Pearle* – Live Performance Europe on 23 November 2018 in Antwerp to present MusiQuE’s services to the Pearle* members.
Are you interested in one of the evaluation procedures provided by MusiQuE? Do you have a question about cooperating with us? Please do not hesitate to address your question to the MusiQuE office through the online Quality Assurance Desk, or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit www.musique-qe.eu.