Meet the AEC Advocacy Task Force
- Irene GAROFALO, ELIA – European League of Institutes of the Arts
- Katharina WEINERT, EMC – European Music Council
- Manuel DAMÁSIO, GEECT – European Grouping of Film and Television Schools
- Gabriele ROSANA, CAE – Culture Action Europe
- Nana Sharikadze – Tbilisi State Conservatoire
- Stefan GIES, AEC Chief Executive (TF Coordinator).
Working group’s Outputs for the project
The main and most visible outcome of the ARTEMIS advocacy activities so far is the development of a brand new and comprehensive AEC Advocacy Strategy in which target groups of advocacy actions are identified as well as key messages and partners with whom to undertake joint advocacy actions. Moreover, this paper addresses advocacy in a great variety of aspects, ie. as advocacy that can be seen upstream or downstream as well as horizontally and can be targeted to policy or regulatory matters.
During the Annual Congress 2023, the Advocacy Task Force will organise a pre-conference workshop which will explore examples of successful advocacy actions both at the national and European level.
The pre-conference workshop will show how the AEC Advocacy Strategy can be filled with life and how concrete advocacy measures and advocacy campaigns can be derived from it, which are suitable to be used by AEC members in a way that makes sense for them and can be implemented immediately. This will be done with the example of a few selected hands-on practical topics on diverse aspects of advocacy.