INTERMUSIC: INTERactive environment for MUSIC learning and practising
INTERMUSIC (INTERactive environment for MUSIC learning and practising) is a development project carried out on the basis of a strategic partnership between European Music Higher Education Institutions.
INTERMUSIC objective and aims
- support online synchronous singing, instrumental solo performance and chamber groups classes where teachers and students interact in real time in an audio-video communication environment of the highest quality;
- use and integrate methodologies and technologies of Blended Learning and Virtual Learning Environments in music higher education.
Distance Learning will be addressed and studied under the technical aspects of its implementation, as well as pedagogy and music related issues. Applied methodologies will be those of experimental research in order to identify the musical and pedagogical implications in music distance learning. Blended-learning methodologies will be analysed as well as protocols and devices for their testing will be created, in the belief that these outcomes may be useful for the development of innovative functions.
The project is coordinated by the Conservatorio di Musica “Giuseppe Verdi” Milan (ConsMi) and the project partners:
- The Royal Danish Academy of Music (RDAM) Copenhagen
- The Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre (LMTA) Vilnius
- The Politecnico di Milano (PoliMi), Image and Sound Processing Group
- The Association Européenne des Conservatoires, Académies de Musique et Musikhochschulen(AEC).
For more information please visit the INTERMUSIC website.
INTERMUSIC intellectual outputs
- the development of a Moodle platform for a shared, international and long distance learning of music disciplines
- the development and experimentation of plug-ins to reduce latency and other services for online music and Network Music
- a study on the interaction in live performance both in presence and long distance
- Guides on online courses
- The development of blended pilot courses on Music Theory and Composition with traditional Chinese instruments
- Experiences on practice on online chamber courses
- The development of a shared international module on Voice Literature in Original Languages