DEMUSIS: Enhancing the digital competences and entrepreneurship skills of academic musicians in Serbia for culturally more engaged society
The DEMUSIS project is a three-year Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education project co-funded by the European Commission’s Erasmus+ programme and coordinated by the Faculty of Music, University of Arts in Belgrade.
DEMUSIS aims and objectives
The Project aims at enhancing entrepreneurial abilities of academic musicians to use technologies artistically, creatively, and responsively in general and cultural context.
The objective is to introduce forward looking curricula that will offer sustainable career for musicians and provide them with knowledge, skills and understanding on how to work alone and manage their own career.
DEMUSIS aims to ensure capacity development of Higher Education Institutions to educate culturally engaged professionals willing to participate in the civil society.
There are 3 main project objectives:
- development of new master programme “Music in digital environment”, modernization of existing study programmes in areas of music entrepreneurship and digital competences. E-learning platform, online courses and LoLa system for distant musical performance will encourage the use of digital technologies;
- continuing professional development for music professionals, aiming at improvement and enhancement of their digital and entrepreneurial skills;
- strengthening music education in its lessons in citizenship and cultural participation and to bridge the current gap between music higher education institutions and civil society.
The project consortium is composed of 6 academic and 3 non-academic partners from Serbia and EU:
- University of Arts in Belgrade, Faculty of Music, Serbia
- University of Novi Sad, Academy of Arts, Serbia
- University of Kragujevac, Faculty of Philology and Arts, Serbia
- The Royal Conservatoire, The Hague, Netherlands
- New Bulgarian University, Bulgaria
- Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Lithuania
- Radio Television Serbia
- Mad Head Games
- Association Européenne des Conservatoires, Académies de Musique et Musikhochschulen (AEC), Brussels, Belgium
More information about the DEMUSIS project, its partners, goals and objectives can be found on the project website.