European Mobile Baroque Academy (EUBO)
The European Union Baroque Orchestra (EUBO) Mobile Baroque Academy (EMBA) is the result of a partnership formed between 10 prominent arts organizations across Europe for the period 2015-2018, and is co-funded by the EU Creative Europe programme. This four-years “large-scale” cooperative project will nurture the performance of Europe’s distinctive heritage of baroque music, and the education of emerging Europe-wide talent, bringing baroque music to new audiences in innovative ways across Europe.
Aims and objectives:
The EMBA Project addresses the unequal provision across Europe of opportunities for baroque music education for performers and audiences. It aims to identify areas where the playing field can be levelled in the early music sector and to nurture talent, maintain performance quality and encourage the mobility of artists and ideas.
The project will build four “bridges” in the early music sector, using its Faculty of experts and the transnational activities of the European Union Baroque Orchestra (EUBO):
- “N -S -E -W”: Reducing the geographical divergence in resources and opportunities
- “Performer-audience“: Creating inspirational experiences and engage audiences
- “Student-Professional “: Equipping young musicians with a portfolio of skills
- “Live-Digital “: Embracing new technologies to disseminate expertise, performances and resources
The expertise, skills and networks of EMBA’s co-organisers will shape the project through music education (masterclasses, courses), performances (international touring, recordings), audience development (including schools work and a project with puppeteers), an orchestral apprentice scheme, and a digital programme of interviews, comment and advice related to baroque music and period performance.
Click here to read more about the launching of the project and the upcoming activities of the EUBO Mobile Baroque Orchestra.
- European Union Baroque Orchestra (UK)
- Association Européenne des Conservatoires (BE)
- Concerto Copenhagen (DK)
- Estonian Record Productions (EE)
- Villa Musica Rheinland-Pfalz (DE)
- Trifolion/Festival/Ville d’Echternach (LU)
- Arts Council Malta / Valletta International Baroque Festival (MT)
- Royal Conservatoire of Music The Hague (NL)
- St John’s Smith Square, London (UK)
- Universitatea Nationala De Muzica Din Bucuresti (RO)
Click here to read more about the roles of the EMBA’s partners.
AEC’s role in EMBA:
- AEC will organise 3 Early Music Platforms (EMPs) during the remit of the project. EMP forums address all four priorities of EMBA, but especially ‘N-S-E-W – bridging geographical divergences in resources and opportunities’ and ‘Student to Professional – equipping young musicians with a portfolio of career skills’.
- AEC’s FULLSCORE project, funded by Creative Europe, specifically addresses both audience engagement and the embracing of new technologies.
- AEC will play a large part in communicating the objectives, the work and results of the project.
For more information about the project: http://www.eubo.eu/EMBA