European Opera Academy – Competence centre for Shared Education in Opera Training
EOALAB is the Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership project that aims to trigger innovation in the field of opera based on the innovative concept of shared education.
This Strategic Partnership (SP) will act as a think tank of the European Opera Academy to jointly elaborate, test and further develop innovative approaches in opera education and training to be disseminated to and exploited by other EOA members as well as other High Education Institutions and associated institutions. This Project finds its overall framework in the European Opera Academy (EOA), a cross-border collaborative initiative launched by Conservatorium Maastricht in 2016 which includes 14 Academies of Music (HEI) in Europe.
The project also has a project website where you find more information about the EOALAB – European Opera Academy.
That’s why three different kinds of activities have been planned to cover the following areas:
- Learning/Teaching/Training Activities will be the think-tank that will provide the space for research, innovation and reflection.
- Working Group Meetings will be the moment for planning and conceptualizing in great detail the work for each working group.
- Multiplier Events will provide the right platform to share and communicate our evolution with other professionals and the general public.
These will include:
- Manual on Shared Education
- Innovative approaches to opera making: Policy recommendations for HEIs in opera training.
- Model for blended teaching activities on opera language teaching
- Royal Conservatoire Antwerp
- Conservatorio di Musica Arrigo Boito of Parma
- Instituto Politecnico do Porto – ESMAE, Porto
- Jazepa Vitola Latvijas Muzikas akademija – JVLMA, Riga
- Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre (LMTA), Vilnius
- Stockholm University of the Arts
- Association Européenne des Conservatoires, Académies de Musique et Musikhochschulen (AEC), Brussels