STRAND 7: Involving Youth – Student’s input in shaping their education
The specific objective of this strand is to assist students in their active work towards:
- Strengthening student voice within the Association and within all AEC member institutions
- Establishing a European network of Higher Music Education students – which could possibly take the form for a European Association by 2021.
The objectives listed above will be put in practice by a Student Working Group composed of 6 students. Students will be involved in the different SMS project strands and the other AEC activities through the inclusion of one student in some of the 6 Working Groups. The AEC-SMS Student Working Group page can be found here.
The outcomes of this Working Group are available on the SMS website.
Activities and tasks of the working group include:
- CREATING A EUROPEAN STUDENT NETWORK
- Exploring how a European Music Student Association could be created
- Exchanging experiences with local student representatives during Working Group Meetings and AEC events to further develop the network and, if requested, provide counselling about student representation systems
- Developing and maintaining an (online) network of students across Europe
- ENSURING THAT THE VOICE OF THE YOUNG MUSICIANS IS TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT IN AEC ACTIVITIES
- Providing input to AEC about students’ needs and concerns, as well as about AEC’s work, activities and events
- Contributing to the work achieved in the different strands of SMS by giving input to some of the project WGs
- Acting, when requested, as an expert advisory and/or advocacy group to AEC Council and engaging with the constantly ongoing discussions within AEC bodies (General Assembly, Council and Office)
- CONTRIBUTING TO AEC EVENTS PROGRAMME AND DELIVERY
- Presenting the results of the WG at AEC events (such as AEC Congress)
- Taking responsibility to deliver one or more session(s) during the different AEC events, both targeting students and all participants
Please click here to read the terms of reference of the Student Working Group