AEC – Empowering Artists as Makers in Society (2022-2025) – Creative Europe Network
AEC – Empowering Artists as Makers in Society (AEC-ARTEMIS, 2022-2025) is a new project funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Commission, in support of European networks, which will run for a period of 3 years starting from 1 February 2022. The project will build on the results of previous projects carried out by the AEC, in particular the work and outputs of the Creative Europe funded project AEC – Strengthening Music in Society (AEC-SMS, 2017-2021).
ARTEMIS will pursue the following objectives:
- INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION. Enhancing cooperation among HMEIs at European level and beyond to strengthen artists’ mobility and employability;
- LIFELONG LEARNING. Strengthening Lifelong Learning opportunities for artists and for HMEI teachers, and reinforcing AEC’s role in delivering such opportunities;
- ADVOCACY. Reinforcing the capacity of AEC and its members to represent their interests and to advocate for the promotion of the cultural and creative sector;
- COLLECTING DATA, GOING GREEN AND DIGITISATION. Establishing a reliable empirical basis for actions aimed to support the project’s performance and to scale up the HME sector;
- FURTHER DEVELOPING AND INNOVATING MUSIC EDUCATION. From the scope and responsibilities of institutions to learning & teaching and curriculum design;
- DIVERSITY, INCLUSIVENESS AND GENDER EQUALITY. Shaping and implementing fair, inclusive, diverse and gender-equal frameworks in HMEIs.
Information about the Work Packages (WPs) of the AEC-ARTEMIS project is available on the side menu on the left. More information will be published soon on the AEC website and social media channels.